Ten Tips for Hot Sex After 60
Follow these tips to reignite passion in the bedroom.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Don't Hog That Joint
Yet another study has concluded that medical marijuana is useful for managing pain.
Medical Visionary DeBakey is Eulogized in Houston
Over 1800 people gathered in remembrance of world-renowned heart surgeon Dr. Michael E. DeBakey, often lauded as the Father of Modern Cardiovascular Medicine.
1. Slo-o-o-w-w down. Yes, it takes longer for us to warm up. Fortunately, one of the best things about later-life sex is the absence of urgency for both genders, and our partners enjoy slow sex as much as we do! Make the warm-up phase of sex play last hours ... or days.
2. Kiss and kiss. Kiss sweetly, passionately, quickly, slowly, contentedly, hungrily, lightly, sloppily. All kinds of kisses help you bond with your partner, warm up, and enjoy the moment.
3. Appreciate, decorate, and celebrate your own and your partner's bodies. Jewelry, lingerie, feathers, fringe, silk, velvet, massage oil, candlelight—whatever looks good, feels good.
4. Do sexy things together long before you hit the sheets. Dance together. Visit lingerie or sex toy shops. Leave sexy notes in each other's pockets. Give each other little gifts.
5. Do sexy things on your own to get yourself in the mood. Wear sexy silk under your everyday clothes. Work out. Swim. Dance. Fantasize. Write in your journal all the sexy things you want to do together. Spend some time humming with your vibrator.
6. Make love during high energy times. Midnight sex after a romantic meal may work for young folks, but we're more likely to feel full, bloated, and ready to sleep. Instead, make sex dates in the morning or afternoon. (Why do you think they call it "afternoon delight"?)
7. Explore sex toys and other erotic helpers. Our hormonally challenged bodies may need extra help to reach orgasm these days. Lucky for us that sex toys are easy to find, fun to try, and wow, do they work!
8. Use a silky lubricant. Women over sixty don't have the natural moisture of our youth, but there are many different lubricants that feel great and bring back the joy of friction. When our partner applies it, it becomes an erotic part of sex play.
9. Enjoy quality snuggle time before, during, and afterwards. Holding each other, feeling the warmth and texture of each other's skin, is one of the sweetest and sexiest parts of making love.
10. Laugh a lot. Play silly games, invent special words, tease each other, rediscover your childhood together. Laughter is bonding, joyful, ageless—and sexy.
A note from the author:
I'd love to know YOUR tips for reigniting passion in the bedroom. Please post your tips here or joan [at] joanprice [dot] com. Thank you!
– Joan Price is the author of Better Than I Ever Expected: Straight Talk about Sex after Sixty. Visit her website at joanprice.com and her sex and aging blog at betterthanieverexpected.blogspot.com.